12.5.08

Bell Pepper Pesto ('PESTO' DI PEPERONE ROSSO)

1 red bell pepper
3 tbsp pine nuts
3-4 tbsp freshly grated parmesan cheese
1/3 (or more) clove of garlic
2-3 tbsp chopped parsley or basil
Salt
Olive oil

Roast the bell pepper. I cut it into 4-5 flat pieces and grill them over the flames of my gas stove but you can do it in the oven as well.

Take away as much of the blackened skin as possible and put it in a blender together with the other ingredients. Go easy with the olive oil and add some more if needed.

Run the blender until it is creamy. I didn't let it run until it was completely smooth because I wanted some texture but you obviously do what you feel like.

Serve in the way you think is best for the moment

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this pesto! I make a slightly different version, (use twice as much garlic, but roast it) and add it to home made hummus. YUMMY!

Anonymous said...

Mmmm - that sounds amazing!